Carlo Gavazzi is a multinational electronics group with over 90 years of successful operation, active in the design, manufacture and marketing of electronic equipment targeted at the global markets of industrial and building automation. Following recent growth and organizational changes, Carlo Gavazzi MALTA Ltd. is currently seeking to hire a:
EHS & Sustainability Officer
The motivated individual joining our Team will report to the Quality Manager. The selected candidate who will primarily focus on Environment, Health & Safety (EHS), shall also be gradually introduced to the fast- growing demand of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) requirements,
to support the organization in this constantly evolving sustainability topic.
Main responsibilities include:
• Maintain the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, related policies and procedures,
environmental permits, and regulatory requirements to ensure ISO compliance.
• Manage and coordinate the company's Environmental activities, especially Waste Management,
initiatives for optimum use of energy resources and related KPIs.
• Conduct regular Health & Safety (H&S) Risk Assessments and inspections across the site, to
identify gaps and improvement opportunities for overall H&S.
• Lead the Employee H&S Committee Team, meet on a regular basis, propose and follow-up corrective
actions to improve employee’s wellbeing.
• Investigate any type of accident and injury on site, and any near-miss or unsafe scenario,
prepare the necessary reports and above all the recommendations for improvement.
• Maintain the Emergency Response Team (ERT) related procedures, and make sure to constantly train
the team members on emergency procedures and evacuations.
• Make sure that the site has effective teams of First Aiders, Fire and Spill, including the
related safety equipment, and ensuring that all team members are regularly trained and certified.
• Ensure that employees always have the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available,
and that such equipment is frequently inspected and properly maintained.
• Follow-up with our Suppliers to monitor compliance related to REACH, RoHS, Conflict Minerals and
other legislations and directives related to the raw materials used in our products.
• Ensure that all MSDS and related documentation are constantly updated and available to all
departments and employees across the site.
Desired skills and attributes:
• The candidate must be a graduate, preferably with a degree in Environmental engineering or
related sustainability topic.
• Possess a diploma or certificate in occupational Health and Safety at the workplace, preferably
including experience in a related role.
• Experience with ISO 14001 management system, and preferably also with ISO 45001. Having an ISO
lead auditor certificate is considered as an asset.
• Interested in sustainability, enjoys learning and self-study. Previous training and experience
in ESG will be considered as an asset.
• TEAM player with a positive attitude and self-motivated, having good communication skills and
• Must have strong written & verbal communication skills in English, and preferably also in
• Proficient in basic IT skills, especially in MS based office programs such as Excel, Word and
The company will also consider candidates who do not necessarily have all the requirements listed
above but have relevant experience / qualifications and are willing to learn and develop the
Interested candidates are to fill in the application form here and upload a detailed CV
by not later than 25th August 2023
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.